Friday, March 02, 2007

Brady Update

Since we are Brady's foster care sponsors, we got a small update this morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Qiang is not quite 21 months old. He is an easy-going little boy and is
also timid. He likes to play with toys. He can understand what
adults are telling him to do, but can not express himself in words.

He eats 3 meals a day and isn't particular about what food he eats.
He sleeps from 10:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. and naps from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30
p.m.

An interesting thing about him is that when he got some sweets and we
said to him "Give me one", he gave us one. While we were praising
him, he came back and took it back!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since foster care updates come only once every three months, we may not get another before we travel. That means we probably won't get anything else from this point...no more pictures, no updates, no measurements. We haven't gotten updated measurements at all. We only know what was included when his file was sent to the CCAA. He was 9 months when those were taken (March 2006). I have no idea how tall he might be or how much he weighs.

The wait is still going well for us (us...ha...Jeff just goes with the flow). I should say that *I* am not having a hard time with the wait right now. My friend Tonya says that it gets hard at day 65 (she's on day 72). We're 12 days from 65. I hope that time continues to go by as quickly as it has the past few months.

Please remember my friend Tonya and her daughter Ayla and my friend Bonnie and her daughter Anna in your prayers. I think the moms need more prayers than the babies right now! I will be so excited when these dear friends get their LOAs, their TAs and when they bring their sweet girls home. They are due for their LOAs any time:)

2 comments:

LaLa said...

Love the sharing..then, hey give it back. He will have a blast with the girls!

The Byrd Family said...

I can't wait to see AnnaClaire and her new brother interact! I am praying for strength for you Lisa now during the wait but also for after you get home. You will need it! Since Emma got out of the hospital this week and I have been away from Lottie for four days (it killed me!) we are back to trying to share Mommy again! Hugs, Kim