Friday, October 31, 2008

We voted!

Yes, I took my firstborn down to the county courthouse yesterday so we could vote. It was his first time and I am so proud of him. We had a heck of a time finding a parking spot because apparently everyone else decided to take advantage of the last day of early voting. Finally, we were waiting for a spot and this BMW comes out of nowhere and whips right in. I was beyond mad but Cameron reminded me that the driver of the car was a creation of God. Hmmm, should I slap him or hug him? It's been very fulfilling this election to see Cameron and Brandon interested in the issues and trying to educate themselves about the candidates. I would never push my political beliefs on them and it makes me happy that they are the type that will clearly vote their values. I am such a blessed mama.

3 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

You are such a good Momma....look how well you raised him. This was Elisabeth's first Presidential election to vote in also and she was excited.

Brittany said...

Are you going to see John McCain on Monday??

Mom To Six said...

You completely crack me up with your "time-out" comment. I'm still laughing. Trust me, those "quarters" don't happen too often, and nap time had just begun. :)

Hugs...

O.