Wednesday, February 24, 2010

How have I ever passed a homestudy?

Mom of the year here. Tonight Jeff had a business dinner, Cameron was working, and Brandon & Ryan had their small group meetings. I have to take Ryan over to the church which is about 25 minutes away from our house, so the little kids and I need to kill about an hour while he is there. Tonight it is snowing and cold. I decided to take the littles to a Mexican restaurant near our church. We couldn't find a close parking spot so I carried Brady into the restaurant while the girls held my hand. When we walked in to the restaurant there was a small area to stand and we waited for the host to seat us. It was really tight in the restaurant and I was trying to push the kids along to the table. When we got back to the table the host points at Brady and said something I didn't understand. I look down at Brady and there he is...BAREFOOT. In the restaurant. So while I am thinking 'um, Jesus, this would be a real good time to come back' the man at the table next to us is laughing so hard that I think he's going to pee himself. At least someone enjoyed it because I was mortified. When the laughing man left, he told me 'Good Luck'. Oh boy.

6 comments:

Karen said...

LOL!

At Bible study this morning, a friend of mine forgot her younger sons shoes. :o)

Karen said...

Too funny!!! It's nice to know that there are other people out there that "forget" things for their kids. We went out in 20* weather for a doctors appointment. When we got there, I realized my 7 yr old had on NO coat. Great. Atleast my other 5 were appropriately dressed:-)

The Byrd's Nest said...

lol.....I completely "get" this:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MKBookWorks said...

My kids are always removing their shoes in the car.. so ONE time they didn't put them back on..

If anyone were paying so much attention all the time everyday - none of us would win Mom O'the Year ever.. and yet the kids are just fine!!

Missy

Rita said...

LOL. I love this Lisa. It is so nice to know there are other "great" mothers out there like me. We keep our cars in the garage and sometimes I forget how cold it is outside. It is not uncommon for Lexy to get out of the car and I ask where her coat it and realize that I have left home without it and have to end up wrapping my coat around her to get into the store. I know what people must be thinking.....