Saturday, August 21, 2010

First Day(s) of School





Already? It seems so soon, but school is in full swing for Ryan and Allie. Ryan says his new school is 'stupid'. He's still mourning the move and wishing we were back in JC. It's hard to be the cause of your child's unhappiness. :( Allie seems to be doing well. She loved her 1st grade teacher so much that I was worried no one else would be able to hold a candle, but she seems to be liking 2nd grade so far. Of course, 'good' is the most I can get out of her so I can't be sure. Maybe one day my kids will start to answer my questions with actual sentences instead of just a grunted word. AnnaClaire had her first day (sort of, they do a staggered start here so she only goes one day a week with 4 other kids) of Kindergarten yesterday. Her teacher said she did great and AnnaClaire said she liked it. At pick up, I saw her gabbing away with another little girl in her class, so I am glad she made a friend before we take her to China. I hate that she'll essentially be 'the new kid' from the very start of her school career. Brady's first day is Monday. He's excited but starting to get a bit bummer that AnnaClaire always seems to get to do the fun stuff before him. Jeff and I met Brandon for lunch between classes earlier this week. He seems to be enjoying college life and, of course, asked for money. Again. Boy, get a job! He's on the 12th floor at Carrick just like I was. Here is the view from his room...


and here we are after walking up 12 flights of stairs with his stuff. I was sure I was going to have a heart attack.


Cameron turned 21 yesterday. It's hard to wrap my mind around that fact. Weirder is that my kids range in age from 2-21 and when I was 21 I had a 2 year old. ACK!

2 comments:

Cheri said...

The time flies by and makes me feel so old! My Jordan is at the age that I married my husband. Can it be? Crazy!

Ohilda said...

Lisa, I can't get over how big the girls are! Yikers!!!

Your family is always so beautiful, and you always seem to have it all together, girl.

Hugs!!!