Saturday, December 01, 2007

After 30+ years, my dream is finally coming true!


I am...ahem...I mean ALLIE and ANNACLAIRE are getting a Barbie Dream House for Christmas. I am drooling over it already. And it comes fully furnished! Is it Christmas yet? Truthfully though, all those years of buying boy toys when the big guys were little and wanting so badly to buy some girly stuff too...well, I am finding that I am enjoying buying for Brady more than anyone else this Christmas. Boy stuff is so COOL!

We are having some issues getting our Christmas picture. Allie fell off the couch face first a few weeks ago and had a giant goose egg on her forehead which turned into 2 black eyes. Beautiful. As that started to heal, she turned up with a big bruise on her cheek. No one knows where that came from. Then at the end of the week, it was finally faint enough to take the picture. WELL (and I know you know where this is headed), yesterday Brady and AnnaClaire were playing with some tea pitchers in the kitchen and I heard a 'bump' and Brady started to cry. Not his 'I'm a little hurt and I need some comfort' type of cry, but the 'I am in PAIN' cry. I go over to him and scoop him up and he has a goose egg on the side of his head near his eye that had already turned bright blue. Today it is even more awful looking. I was thinking we might still be able to salvage the Christmas pics and planned to take them tonight...ha ha. You think I would know better by now. Today Brady was running through the kitchen, fell face forward on the hardwoods and now has a lovely busted and swollen lip to go with his other boo boo. Did someone say Mother of the Year??? Where can I accept my award?

8 comments:

The Byrd Family said...

I know this post is not meant to be funny but I can't help it....I am giggling! So typical when you want to get a great picture and goose eggs are the worst! I can't even get our four kids together for a decent picture! Don't worry....I think you DO deserve "Mother of the Year!"

Big Hugs from Texas!

LaLa said...

Love that Dream house...we bought Annslee Cinderella's Castle at Disney and I am sooo excited to play with it LOL

Sorry about the pics...just push AnnaClaire down and at least they will all match....Pics are a pain!

Shelley said...

Lisa...you are a hoot!!! Sorry the children are all black and blue. I like lala's idea...just push AnnaClaire down and make it all even..."a black and blue Christmas"
Hugs from Florida!

Angie said...

Lisa, I think we might should test out the Barbie house...make sure it's all in working order. Are you free at nap time tomorrow? ;)

Mom To Six said...

HA! Too funny. AJ looks like a war victim on a weekly basis. People have stopped asking, "what happened?"

Your kiddos are gorgeous even with black and blues. :)

Hugs!

Chris, Tammy & the gang! said...

Ha Ha Ha...what a funny post. Pictures like yours make such great memories for years! Don't be afraid to take the picture! ALthough, I guess you don't want everyone wondering why all the kids are bruised??? Hee Hee.

Also, wanted to let you know...my husband and I are finally adopting again - although, not from China (there were some issues with our province) but we are adopting from Ethiopia! I'm so excited!

Take care and enjoy those beautiful children - bruises and all!

Tammy
PEI
www.themackinnons.blogspot.com

mommy24treasures said...

oh I think you always get amazing pics of all of your ducklings. I am very challenged in that area. we are getting the fisher price doll house.

Sheila said...

Thanks for posting the pics of Anna Claire's Gotcha. She is such a sweetheart and I loved her with no teeth or hair!!

The big 'Christmas' bump on the forehead happened to us last year too, so I put a hat on Jada for the picture.

Maybe 3 matching hats would work??? ha

Sheila