Wednesday, December 05, 2007

AnnaClaire Day!

Today is a special day. Many years ago on December 5th, my dad asked my mom to marry him. She said yes:) The next December 5th, my parents found out that they were expecting a little blessing...me! Two years ago today, Jeff, Cameron, Allie and I walked into the Civil Affairs office in Nanchang and met our very own little ray of sunshine. We didn't expect the babies to be waiting for us when we got there, but when we walked in there they were. I picked out AnnaClaire immediately. Unfortunately, Jeff had the video camera and was taping another child he thought was AnnaClaire. LOL (I can laugh about it now!) When they called our name to go and get her she was bucking back and forth and grinning ear to ear. I thought that surely there was something wrong with her. What baby would be so happy to meet strangers for the first time? That would be our AnnaClaire! Bless her sweet heart, she was the stinkiest, dirtiest little thing and didn't have any teeth or any hair. On the way back to the hotel from the CA office, she would stood on our laps and jumped (while we held her around the chest, she could barely sit unassisted-such a difference from Allie when we got her). Little ACE radiated pure joy. God has blessed us greatly with each of our children; they all have their own special gifts, talents and place in our family. AnnaClaire is our sunshine. Our road to AnnaClaire was a bumpy one but God always knows what He is doing. AnnaClaire can turn a bad day into a great day with her smile. Thank you Lord for entrusting this sweet angel to our family. We know we are blessed!







10 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

Anna Claire is absolutely a ray of sunshine. Her smile lights a room, she is absolutely a cutie patootie, I love every pic I ever see of her. Happy special day. I have always loved the one of Jeff and AC looking at one another with their grins.... SOOO sweet

The Byrd Family said...

I remember that picture too of AnnaClaire looking at her Daddy and they are both laughing!

She has such a great personality and I love looking at her sweet little face!

LaLa said...

I love these pics!!! I remember seeing them two years ago in their little Christmas outfits and smiling like I am now : ) Happy Family Day!!

jiangxigirls said...

Happy AnnaClaire day!! She is so beautiful!!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

What a funny and precious story! I love the picture of her looking at her sister.

~Lynn

Kelly said...

Wow, two whole years. There is my Erin in the little yellow hat, the only baby that had a hat so I can always easily pick her out now! It amazes me how fast time has flown.

Sue said...

Happy 2 year AC day!!! Every single picture of her is just gorgeous! What a cutie pie!

Hope the Christmas photo comes out well....stay bump-free you Loos Kids!!! :)

Mom To Six said...

Happy AC Day!! She was gorgeous then...and is still gorgeous now.

Donna said...

Congrats on your anniversary...all your children are so beautiful!

Michelle said...

oh what a great story!!!great story of Anna Claire coming into your family :)