Tuesday, May 11, 2010

LOA!

Definitely not how I expected it to play out but I got an email at 5:10 yesterday telling me we had LOA. Since we had only been logged in for 27 days, it didn't seem real. I didn't jump up and down or get all scatterbrained like I did with the girls' referrals or Brady's TA. It was just 'really? oh, okay'. Part of my attitude is based on the fact that I just sent in a Supplement 3 on Thursday to get a new approval because of Jeff's job change. The forms say that I can't send in my I800 application until I get that approval but Marci at my agency says it's no problem to go ahead and send it in. We pay them the big bucks to walk us through this so I am trusting that she knows what she's talking about. I really hope that we aren't held up too much because of the Supplement 3. ASIA is now only sending travel groups once a month with families arriving in province the last Sunday of each month. You must get TA 2 weeks prior or you are bumped to the next month. With that in mind I am expecting to travel either August 27 or September 17 (the September group will travel a week early due to the October holidays) but you never know, it could be later. So far, we've been incredibly blessed with the timing of this adoption. I can only thank God for that. I pray that He continues to bless us and gets our girl home as soon as possible.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations!!! Oh how I wish we would be able to travel the same time as you. We just need to find a way to get into your express lanes:-)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Things have changed so much since we adopted Lottie. PRAYING for her to be home oh so soon my friend!!!!!!!!!!

Cheri said...

Wow! So excited for you!