Thursday, May 20, 2010

700 Club Controversy Over Christians and Adoption

Click this to see the video:

700 Club Controversy Over Christians and Adoption

Posted using ShareThis

Wow. Just wow. Count the cost? I counted the cost when I decided to accept Jesus as my Lord and Savior, knowing that there would be hard times, ridicule, and that I may be led to do things that were out of my comfort zone or maybe even seemed unreasonable. I am so glad that when God kept pressing adoption-specifically China adoption-on my heart that I didn't say to Him, 'You know, God, I realize that you've done a lot for me and I really appreciate it but I just feel the emotional cost of adopting an orphan is too much for my family.' Yeah right. And there IS cost. Bringing home a child who has been neglected, or bounced around from place to place, possibly abused...it's HARD. Life changing hard. But it is worth every tear and all the hard work. The families in the video were a great example of how out family feels adoption has blessed us. The teenager talking about how having adopted siblings has enriched his life and the mom saying that she is the lucky one...they are telling our story. The story of so many families who took that leap of faith and were blessed by adoption. I have a long way to go in my walk, but I am confident that when I get to heaven that God isn't going to chastise me for not counting the cost as we chose to go where he led our family.

6 comments:

A Crystal Garden said...

Pat Robertson is an idiot! Oops that wasn't very Christian of me was it?

The Byrd's Nest said...

Well, I agree with Crystal Garden...he is an idiot! How can he even be an expert on this subject? (sigh) I agree with you my friend.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I mean....I agree with Kelly...I know her name is not Crystal Garden:)

Ohilda said...

You couldn't have said it better, Lisa!!!! Unbelievable! You will enter His gates and he will say, "You have served me well, my child."

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site www.blogger.com
Is this possible?

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site loosclan.blogspot.com
Is this possible?