Monday, April 04, 2011

Bring on the Versed!

Last month, Coralie had to have surgery to clip her tongue. I wasn't as concerned about the anesthesia as I was about her reaction to them taking her from me. She is VERY, VERY, VEEERRRYYY attached to mama. They gave her Versed before the procedure and it worked like a charm. They came and took her from me and she ddn't make a peep. Although she did have a funny look on her face. The nurse said she had a look of 'I feel like I should be upset about this but for some reason I am not'. Her recovery was fast. She was back to eating like a champ a few hours later. They gave her some Tylenol with Codeine for the pain and it is my greatest hope that she NEVER need that again. Can you say MONSTER BABY?!?! Aye yi yi! She was not pleasant while taking that. By the end of the week, I had my sweet (bossy, stubborn, rotten....) girl back.

Not sure what they just gave me, but I feel pretty good....


Life is good....



Um, Mom, why can't I sit up?

2 comments:

Angie said...

Those pics are hysterical! She must keep you in stitches! What a beautiful babe!

The Byrd's Nest said...

She is SO precious! You know anytime Lottie or Emma take Benadryl or any kind of medication like for colds they are nasty nasty little princesses. I wonder why? They are very aggressive and it is like they are coming out of their skin...strange.