Sunday, February 17, 2008

Valentine Playdate










We celebrated Valentine's Day at Chuck E Cheese with some of our OCA friends. Brady LOVED Chuck E Cheese. Everyone around here is finally feeling better after being sick most of last week. I had all the little one's at the doctor's. That's a load of fun, let me tell you. Allie has serious doctor issues. I am sure we are talked about every time we leave;) FYI, according to the doctor's scales Allie is 36 pounds, AnnaClaire is 28 and Brady is 30. He feels like 40 though-solid as a rock. He's doing FANTASTICALLY. We are thrilled with the progress he is making. Hope we don't take a huge step back with his upcoming surgery. Last time we did, but he has made so much progress that I am hopeful it won't be nearly as bad as last time. He continues to amaze me with how clearly he can say things WHEN HE WANTS TO. Most of the time he's hard to understand but I know he can talk more clearly because I have heard it. After surgery, his speech should get even better. I have to say that his special need has been a lot easier than we anticipated. If you are someone who has considered a cleft affected child and thought it would be too much, I am telling you that Brady is pretty much a worst case scenario with an EXTREMELY wide cleft and it has been mostly a non-issue day to day. There are some cutie pies left on Children's House's current list that are in need of a mom and dad...:) If you are interested in checking them out, you can email me at loosclan@gmail.com and I will send you the link to view them.

2 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

thank you for the Valentine update:)
Jacob has always felt heavier than he is too. Very solid.

The Byrd Family said...

So glad he is doing so well Lisa. They are all so beautiful!