Tuesday, March 11, 2008

We're home!

Thank you for the prayers! We are always so touched to have so many praying for us. I truly means SO MUCH! I got Brady out of bed at about 5:30. He was in a super mood and even ran in the bedroom to tell Jeff goodbye. Jeff said he seemed so excited that he must have thought he was going to Disney World. We go to the hospital and they called us back and he did great until the hospital gown came out and then he started putting 2 and 2 together. They gave him the versed like last time but he didn't act as loopy (meaning there was no reaching up to touch things in the air that weren't there). When they came to get him for surgery he cried for me. It hurt my heart so bad that he was thinking I would just let them take him away, but it also made me feel good that he wanted to be with me. His doctor told me that the surgery went well. Brady had a lot of scar tissue but he said that it really only made the surgery more difficult and won't affect Brady in any way. He lengthened his palate while he was in there and of course closed up the hole. He expects it to hold this time. All in all, it was great news. They let me go back to recovery this time. I started to walk back there and I could hear a kid screaming like a banshee. Yup, that would be my child. He had about 5 nurses gathered around him and they couldn't control him. His arm splints weren't tied tghtly enough and he was ripping at his IV and the stitch in his tongue (His doctor puts a stitch through his tongue-ouch- and tapes it to his cheek). He reached for me when he saw me but then was peeved at me when I wouldn't let him pull at the IV either. They gave him more pain medication and he settled in and fell asleep on me. He's run hot and cold since. He was definitely holding a grudge yesterday evening and wouldn't respond to anything Jeff or I said or did. Then the nurse came in and gave him his pain meds and he immediately reached for me. He snuggled with me all night. He even peed all over me and I didn't have a change of clothes. I looked lovely walking out of the hospital with messed up hair and Brady's pee and blood all over me. TMI, I know! LOL Please keep the prayers going. He needs to know that we are here for him and that is forever.

4 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

I am praying Lisa. I pray recovery at home goes much better this time.

LaLa said...

I pray everything goes well and his recovery is quick : )

2China4Ayla said...

Lisa - I have been so worried and am relieved to know you are home now. I will keep praying. I know how hard it is to allow painful things to keep happening and watching those sweet faces stare at you as if you could stop it and don't. I just pray Brady supernaturally knows you are helping him and that he clings harder to you. I am sure you looked like a Super Mom walking out with your rumpled hair, pee and blood stained clothing. You will now know to always pack a suitcase with extra clothing. :o)

The Byrd Family said...

Oh Lisa...I am praying. I know Emma has been with us a little over a year and when I pick her up from speech and physical therapy she is very upset with me still! I love you guys and am praying!