Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bad Dreams

I had a horrible dream last night. We were in China and they gave us a baby. For some reason it didn't register until the next morning that it wasn't Coralie. I kept thinking that she looked so much older in pictures (man, how clueless are we in dreams?!?!). Then I realized that she didn't have any teeth and according to Coralie's report she has 18. I pulled up her shirt and there was no omphalocele. I absolutely freaked and went the the person in charge who happened to be this woman who used to work at Gymboree who was always really rude to me. She was acting strange but wouldn't tell me anything until a designated time. Then Jeff took me somewhere in a car (yes, he was driving in China) and didn't get me back in time. I was sure that something had happened to Coralie and they were trying to appease me with this cute baby. I don't want just any baby-I want Coralie! At that point I woke up frantic but so thankful it was just a dream. Funny thing is that I really thought I was doing a good job of not dwelling on her too much because it is too hard but apparently she's weighing on my mind in spite of my attempts.

How can it be that we are only on day 9 of our wait for LOA? It seems like 109 at this point. I have to get that LOA before I start dreaming that Coralie turns into a dog and runs down the street like I did when we were waiting for Allie.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry your wait is effecting your dreams. I had lots of weird dreams while waiting for Lydia, too. Interestingly I don't remember having any while waiting for Micah. The one I still remember about Lydia is that someone knocked on my hotel door in China, said "here's your baby", and handed her to me. The baby looked like Lydia in the face but had garrish Ronald McDonald hair!

I still have a lot of weird dreams about the kids -- that I've lost them in the mall, etc. I usually realize I'm a lot more stressed than I realized when I start having those kinds of dreams.

I hope things go quickly for you from this point on. I'll be praying for you.

Karen said...

Beware the rude Gymbo employee. LOL! Hope your wait isn't too long. XOXO

The Byrd's Nest said...

Wow....what a dream my friend. Coralie is YOUR baby and God is just holding her in His hands until He can hand her directly to you sweet Lisa. You have one amazing Mommy heart:)

Angie said...

I have had several about Emma over the past few years. In one I dreamed she had 16 teeth. Guess who has 16 teeth?

Praying you get to Miss Coralie quickly!