Monday, September 26, 2011

The Room

We are finally getting HuiLan's room together.  EXCITING!  Now I have a place to go and touch her things and dream about having her here with us.  Weird, huh?  It's just something I do.  I remember going into Allie's room when we were waiting for her and pulling her little outfits out of the closet and rearranging them.  It just made me feel close to her.

This was the room last Monday morning...
This is Monday afternoon.  Whoa, a little brighter on the wall than I expected. 

On Monday night and Tuesday, I worked on the crib and on Tuesday night Jeff deep cleaned the carpet.

On Thursday, I put together the bookshelf and then I opened the dresser box to find that there were no instructions.  After four very long calls to Target.com, we were nowhere.  They don't carry the dresser anymore and don't have any manuals to send.  I just bought the dresser last month!  Thankfully, God blessed me with a mechanically minded son (who is newly engaged!  WOOT!)  that was able to figure out how the 8 million pieces of the dresser fit together.  So here is the room this morning.  We still have work to do but I am not sure much more will be done before we leave.  I want to get a wall decal for behind the crib but I am not sure what I want it to say.  I've seen a few things that I would like to try and make for the other walls, so you can expect them to be done about the time she starts Kindergarten high school.  




I even packed a little this morning.  Ten days until Cameron and I leave and I am starting to get EXCITED!

4 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

It is gorgeous and I actually LOVE the color! I can't wait to see her in her new room!!!!

Angel said...

I love her room and the color-So very excited for you! Can't wait to see her playing in there!

hoganshoesonsale said...

Apart from sorting them out from styes, attributes,
Motorcycle Fairings materials and so on, there is one important clue for tracing them.
Asics Tiger That is, from the brand itself. However, it is always not easy neither. Not only there are more and more brands going into fashion, but also the intricated product names are too difficult to remember them. Thus, the category of brands was ominized here. But if you prefer to sort them out via brands, I'd like to recommend a valuable women high heel shoes website for you, that is LadyShoesMall.com, which is an exclusive women high heel shoes online store.
Beats By Dre

myrtle said...

Cute! I so love the color.=D
buy rift account