Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Surgery


I have never had to deal with one of my children having surgery before. This is all new to us. Of course the minute we were chosen to be Brady's family we knew that we would become a family that was familiar with surgeries. That doesn't make it any easier. Jeff is worried about Brady being put to sleep. I, on the other hand, worry about what he will think of the arm restraints and liquid diet. Will he lose all the trust we have worked so hard to build? I also worry about him healing. Can I protect him enough so that he can heal properly? He's such a rough little guy and so very clutzy. I fear that within minutes of being back home, he will take a tumble that will rip his palate right back open. I wish I could put him in a bubble for a few weeks while he heals. I hope that we come out of this more bonded than before and that instead of losing trust, he learns to trust us more. I am very excited to hear his language take off once his palate is repaired. There is already so much he says or tries to say. I think being able to verbalize better will take away some of his frustrations. I know this is a step in the right direction for my baby. If you don't mind, please remember little Brady in your prayers. Poor little guy has been through so much already. We'll leave for the hospital around 4:30 am and he should be out of surgery around noon. I will try to update asap.

THANK YOU!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you Brady Boy! Claire and Anna send a big hug and kiss. We will pray tomorrow is a complete success!!!

The Messerschmidts

Sue said...

Brady has been in my prayers since I saw your ticker on the blog. Wishing you the best for tomorrow and the days following - that he heals well (without any mishaps!) and continues to trust +grow w/ his new family!

Kelly said...

The Watson household is praying for you Brady!! Soon it will all be behind you.

mommy24treasures said...

oh of course we will keep your darling in our prayers. His smile lights a room.

LaLa said...

Of course you are in our prayers...I will think of you all tomorrow. I know it must be scary but he will be fine.

The Byrd Family said...

You know I am praying for everyone Lisa. When Emma had pneumonia and was in the hospital for four days she and I became much more bonded after that. Praying for all of your family in dealing with little Brady's surgery, praying for the surgeons and the nursing staff that they take extra special care of our favorite little guy. And of course, praying that God, our only Great Physician puts His healing hands on Brady and he recovers very quickly. We love you!

Brittany said...

Hoping that everything goes smoothly for little Brady....and that his healing is super fast!!

Brittany

Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog for a while now, your children are beautiful! My daughter is 19 mos. old and 5 weeks post op for palate surgery. I had all of the same fears and concerns (she has been home 5 mos). She is a rough and tumble little girl who loves to eat and suck her thumb! The arm restraints are not bad- they get used to them very quickly- same for the diet. The first 3 days were very rough, but after that a breeze! You will be amazed at how fast your little guy bounces back! As for the bonding, I think the surgery brought us even closer as it was the first time that she could not do anything to soothe herself- it was all up to us. It is so worth it once you see how fast his speech will start to develop! My little girl went from only 2 sounds pre- surgery to now mimicing everything we say ( or trying to anyway)!!
My family and I will pray for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for little Brady. Hang in there!

The Hachey's

Anonymous said...

Brady will by in my prayers tomorrow.

Karen (your lovebug buddy:-)

Kim T said...

Praying for everyone involved (Brady and the rest of the family, the doctors, nurses, and of course for you to have the strength to be the strong warrior Mom Brady needs). Let us know how the surgery goes.

Love you girl,

Kim and Emmie T

2China4Ayla said...

Ok, I am dying for a surgery update. Praying for you all!

Susan said...

Lisa, hope by now everything is history and you are on the road to a total healing for Brady! All of you will certainly be in our prayers.
Love, Susan, Dave, John and E'beth

mommy24treasures said...

thinking of you...
Love
Connie