Wednesday, November 25, 2009


The kids were out of school today so last night Allie asked if AnnaClaire could sleep with her in her bed. I told her that her bed was too narrow and I was afraid one of them might fall out. Here's the rest of the conversation...
Allie: And AnnaClaire's bed is too narrow too?
Me: Yes, it's the same size as yours.
Allie: But your bed is big...Soooo...it would probably fit 2 adults and 2 kids...

Haha. Nice try kid.

Wishing everyone a very Happy Thanksgiving. I am quite humbled because God has blessed our family so greatly. Allie brought home a Turkey from school that had 5 cutouts of her hand as the feathers. On each feather were the things she was thankful for. On the middle feather, which was highest up, she had written 'God'. As I was looking at it and blinking back tears that she mentioned God in her 5 things to be thankful for, she exclaimed, 'I put God on top!' God bless that child. I do love her so very much. Thank you God for all 6 of the wonderful blessings you have given Jeff and me. We know what great gifts you have entrusted to us. And so we are off to celebrate the Holiday-first to Knoxville and then to Nashville. Stay safe everyone!

4 comments:

my3 kids said...

Ha ha that's too cute..what a smart girl! They will do anything to get into our bed won't they..I have 2 girls here at home who try very hard;) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shelly and Family said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you & your family too ~ safe travels!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh what a precious precious child of God she is too;) When your kids do things like this it is something we never forget...I love it.

P.S. I love her quick wit too....little stinker;)