Sunday, November 08, 2009

Orphan Sunday

Orphan Sunday Pictures, Images and Photos

November is National Adoption Month and today is Orphan Sunday. For obvious reasons, adoption is very close to my heart. I remember when God first start to place adoption on my heart. It seemed like such a big undertaking. No way could *I* adopt a child. What about the paperwork, the homestudy, the money? And then there was Jeff. He thought I was certifiable. We had three wonderful kids already. Why mess with things? But God kept pressing on. Over time I realized that adoption was truly His plan for us. Eventually Jeff realized it too. Sometimes you just have to let go and take that leap of faith. It was still a scary thing but once we were sure God was in it, it seemed like something we could really do. We are both so thankful that we took that leap of faith because the blessings around here a plentiful. Many people comment about the number of kids we have and I understand that it's not for everyone-but it is for us. We enjoy the craziness, the closeness and the love of a big family. I know that God doesn't call us all to adopt but He does call us to care for the orphan. If you are considering adoption, I am happy to talk with you about any aspect-the good, the bad and the ugly. Even if adoption isn't for you, please think about what you might do for the 147 million children in the world who will go to bed tonight without a mother or a father. There are so many ways that we can help and I do believe that we can make a difference in their lives.

Just look at these happy faces:)

1 comment:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I miss you blogging;) What a great picture of all of you.....we are truly blessed aren't we....even on the bad days:)