Friday, July 27, 2007

Crazy Fun with a Pop Up Tent

Brady had a blast-even with Allie screaming 'It's a girl tent, It's a girl tent'. Funny thing is that AnnaClaire loves to wear Brady's camo crocs and Brady loves to wear AnnaClaire's hot pink crocs. I don't think it being a 'girl tent' made one bit of difference to him. He and AnnaClaire giggled and giggled. They are SO brother and sister; playing together happily one minute and fighting the next. The guilt of what bringing another 2 year old into our family might be doing to AnnaClaire is fading. She seems to really love Brady and enjoy his company. He really seems to love her too and loves to give her hugs. It's so sweet (even if she doesn't think so).

Connie, funny that you should mention Brady filling out. When we got home from China, all the 12-18 and 18-24 shorts that I had bought for him fell right off so I went to Target and bought several pairs of their 12 month cargo shorts. Those were still very loose but I thought he'd look like John Stockton if we went to a 6 month size. Today, I was putting a pair of those shorts on him and they were very snug around his waist. I was so surprised. I knew he was getting bigger, but I had no idea that his belly had gotten so big. I am sure that when he is on a liquid diet after his surgery that he'll get back skin and bones and we'll have to fatten him up again.

Oh, and I wanted to share some of the words that Brady is saying:

Light
More
Mama
Dada
Hi
Thank you
Don't want it
Yeah (usually for himself after he has done something he thinks is impressive, complete with clapping)

I think there are more that I am forgetting at the moment, but I am just so proud of him. His surgeon said that with a cleft that wide he would never be able to speak without surgery. Brady's also using several more signs and I don't think there is anything that we say to him anymore that he doesn't understand. It's just amazing to watch as he learns all this so quickly.





6 comments:

2China4Ayla said...

I am in awe at the abilities of our little ones to grasp the language, new enviroment, and family so quickly.

The Byrd Family said...

I love hearing how AnnaClaire and Brady are getting along. Those are my most special memories of Lottie & Emma Jane and they still are today. Best of friends! Prayers are working and I won't cease!

mommy24treasures said...

sweet as pie!

LaLa said...

What great pics and LOVE that smile : ) Glad the kidlets are getting along so well. Allie cracks me up!!

The Byrd Family said...

BUT we do love Vince Young and cheer for the Titans! Does that count???? LOL

Brittany said...

I miss you Lisa!!!

Brittany