Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A year ago today...

Things were crazy at the Loos household. We were 2 days away from the closing for the house we we moving out of and the house we were building was not yet ready. Ten days earlier God had spoken to me about a child on a WC list. We inquired about this child but were told that he had a family ready to commit. I kept in contact with the WC coordinator asking almost daily if he still had a family. I was sure she would think I was crazy and a huge pain in the butt, but she chose to look at it as passion. A new rule was announced that if your child was in Guangdong the stay in China would be lengthened by a week. I emailed again and asked about this child. I was told that he 'may' be coming available and just in case 'here is his file and an application'. We knew there was going to be a placement committee meeting, but weren't sure what that meant. The evening of the 17th, I received this email...

We would like to officially invite you to become the forever family for DANIEL! We have met as a committee and feel that you have the resources and passion to raise him well. We feel confident that the CCAA will find you suitable to receive a family size waiver and we would like you to send in an LOI on his behalf.


We tried calling you but didn't have a working home phone number and left a voice mail on your cell.



Please let us know that you accept because we have already changed his status on the fotki site so don't make us change it back!!

With hearty congratulations,



Stefani



And so it began, our paperchase to bring home Brady Daniel. Had Jeff and I sat down and rationally discussed adopting again so soon, we both would have agreed that it was not the right time...but God said it was the perfect time. Had Jeff and I 'chosen' a child off a waiting child list, we would have picked a girl...but God said this was the perfect child. Sometimes it's hard to hear God, but He spoke very clearly on this one. Our transition with Brady was very difficult and there were times that I just couldn't understand what God's plan was. Each day I find myself more in love with this little guy and praising God that He once again blessed us with such a precious child. I am so blessed!

We love you Brady Daniel!

4 comments:

2China4Ayla said...

Ahhhh, the memories. I cannot believe it has been a year. It seemed time was standing still for so long and now your boy is where he belongs!

The Byrd Family said...

So wonderful to read that post Lisa. I know EXACTLY how you feel! Aren't we thankful when the Holy Spirit gives us a quick kick in the behind to get going on something before we have time to think about it! When God led me to Emma Jane we had just received our LID in China and I knew instantly it was a God thing when my husband did not grieve over losing that huge $3500.00 check that went with our dossier that we would never get back because we were changing countries! LOL

LaLa said...

Wow...can't believe it has been a whole year..now seriously..time to plan that shopping trip : )

Shelly & Family! said...

Wow! What can I say except...what a difference a year makes! You have such a beauitful family!