Thursday, June 30, 2011

Potty Training

You'd think by # 7 it would be a bit easier to train a kid, but nope.  That's not happening with Miss Coralie.  She knows where the potty is, she knows what it is for and she even uses it on occasion but she much prefers to use her diaper.  She doesn't even like pull-ups.  A few weeks ago, I put her in panties and it was going great.  She stayed dry all morning and used the potty a few times (probably because I was asking every 2 minutes if she needed to go).  Naively, I let myself get a little bit excited.  I thought maybe I'd be getting a break from diapers for a few months until Cecilia comes home.  Not so fast, my friend.  Little Miss decided she'd had enough of that and put her panties in the dirty clothes and went and got a diaper.  She's not at all interested in training.  Not.At.All.

This morning Brandon was giving her a pep talk about it...

Brandon:  Coralie, don't you want to use the potty?  If you use the potty all the time, Mommy will get you a toy.
Coralie:  I already have one.

Ooookay.  This one might be a hard nut to crack.

5 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I totally understand your pain:) I just told Emma to do it and she did. Lottie literally clung to her diapers. She just now (one month ago) pooped in the potty. She has always pooped in her pull up. Once I told her she was going to poop in the potty and she held it for several days, I was so afraid she was going to damage her intestines so I gave in and gave her a pull up...this girl has some will huh???

She is almost 7 years old and still sleeps in her pull up.

We tried bribing with toys too but she didn't care, she was not going to budge:) So....we are still buying pull ups:(

brenda said...

PARENTING IS ALL ABOUT PATIENCE. SO PLIZ WAIT, WAIT WAIT. SHE WILL DO IT AT HER OWN WILL ONE DAY

hapi said...

Hi Lisa L, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

Mike and Sharon said...

Lisa,

I feel your pain! Josh will be 3 in just over a month and has NO desire to use the potty. Bribery, doesn't work, begging doesn't work, nothing works! I wanted him trained by the time Lily came home so I wouldn't have 2 in diapers. No such luck. Alas, I now have double diaper duty!

NCThompsons said...

I've got the same trouble with Ruth!