Sunday, August 14, 2011

School? Already???

Funny how our wait for LOA seemed to take such a long time, but in actuality the summer flew by.

Yesterday Brandon headed back to college.  Last year we helped him take all his stuff up to campus and took it all up to his room for him.  This year he headed out on his own while Allie sobbed and I wiped away a few tears.  Why do they have to grow up so fast?  It seems that we were butting heads over 2nd grade homework not too long ago.

 Tomorrow the middles (With six kids, we had bigs and littles.  Now with Coralie and Cecilia added we have bigs, littles and middles.) and Ryan start their school year.  We went on Friday to meet AnnaClaire's and Brady's teachers.  In typical fashion, Brady buzzed about his classroom touching everything and AnnaClaire stood silently with her head down in hopes no one would speak to her.  It's hard to believe they are starting first grade.  They were my babies just yesterday.

Where the kids go to school, they have Primary and Intermediate schools.  Primary is K-2 and Intermediate is 3-5.  That means Allie will start a new school this year and won't be at the same school as AnnaClaire and Brady.  That's like a big fat exclamation point on the fact that she's growing up.  Way.too.fast.

So right about the time that I finally convinced Coralie that it's okay to get more than 10 feet away from me and play with her siblings, they'll be gone.  All day.  I'd drown my sorrows in some chocolate but I also start my diet tomorrow.  Yep, I like to torture myself all at once.  That's just how I roll.

No comments: