Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A God Moment

Don't you love how God sometimes just surprises you with a bit of encouragement or affirmation? Last year we realized that for many reasons we needed to find a new church home. We attended a new church on Christmas weekend and felt a connection. A few months after we started attending, they made an announcement that the young man who was leading worship had been hired permenantly. He's an incredibly talented musician and has a beautiful voice. On Sunday, he was giving his testimony. Here is a man that God has chosen to use his voice to serve Him and bring Him glory. He told us that he was especialy touched by Psalm 139:13...For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Why? Because he was born with a birth defect-as soon as he said it, I know exactly what was coming next. When he was born he had a cleft lip and a cleft palate. Then came the tears...mine, of course. I haven't ever shared on here, but Brady's doctor told us a few months ago that he will never be 'normal'. That's not the word he used, but it is what he meant. I don't know what God has planned for Brady, but I have a feeling He's got something pretty amazing in mind. I believe he can do anything he sets his mind to. He's stubborn that way:)

6 comments:

Angie said...

I am agreeing with you in prayer as God continually molds that sweet one into who HE made him to be!

mommy24treasures said...

oh Lisa what a great post! I do know with all my heart Brady is going to be SO better than normal. Normal is boring anyway!
He is just the apple of God's eye and God has a super plan I know!
Love
Connie

Karen said...

Great post! Love to hear stories like that, when you know God is speaking to you through a situation and the people He's placed in your life.

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
That is such an awesome story. Brady is a very special child and he touched our hearts from the minute we laid eyes on him. Who would not be charmed by his beautiful smile and those sparkling eyes. I feel that our children are here to be a light in an often dark world. I met an elderly man in the store the other day and he was so charmed by my girls. He held Claires hand and told her that they had made his day. Both girls were just beaming at him. That is how we feel about Brady boy. Just happy to be near him! You are a great mom and things will be fine.

Love ya!
Bonnie

Susan said...

Lisa, was this at Grace? We have missed the past few Sundays so I would have missed the testimony. What a beautiful story. I believe when one area of 'perfection' isn't quite perfect, God gives a much greater degree of perfection in another area. Hope that makes sense. God created Brady, knew his creation, and has a reason perhaps we don't understand....yet.
We love all of you~!
Congrats on 2 male drivers still with teen numbers as their birthdays! :)

The Byrd Family said...

All of these Mom's who have posted are wise. God did make Brady unique. God Bless all of you Lisa.