Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Update


The Post Placement report has been overnighted to our former agency. Hopefully they will send it out quickly and I can exhale. I have decided to handle this like Jeff (dh) is. I'll do my part and then not worry about the rest (hey, isn't that what got us into this mess???). What I mean is that once I am sure that it has been mailed to China, there is no sense worrying about whether the report not being there sooner is going to delay us or cause us problems. It it out of our control so why obsess? If nothing else, this is making me more thankful that Brady was moved to Foster Care. At first, I was worried about it because I didn't want him to have so many disruptions in his life. If he was only with his foster family for a short time, why would he trust that he wouldn't be taken away from us after a while. Now that the wait for WC TAs has lengthened and we might have a delay because of the PP situation, it makes me happy to know that he is with a family that is loving him like their own. He deserves that. I hope that they show him the photo album that we sent and tell him about his Mama and Baba and brothers and sisters. I pray that God whispers in his ear that we are coming in His perfect time and that we love him so much and can't wait to hold him and kiss him and just breathe him in. It seems so far away, but it really isn't. Before we know it, he will have been home for months. Then we can relax and look at our family and smile because this is the family that God has made for us. How blessed are we? (The picture above is another older one. It's from last April also.)

2 comments:

The Byrd Family said...

Lisa, you are right..just do your part and leave the rest to God. He will watch over that precious little boy. Emma lived in four different places since her birthmother gave her up (last March) and she has adjusted extremely well. Your family has so much love to give to this precious boy, he will know very soon this is his forever family!
Hugs,
Kimberley
www.lottiegracebyrd.blogspot.com

LaLa said...

Surely you don't think your family will be complete after he comes home??? Ha ha...I know you..you will be talking to Jeff about "just one more"

Love the photo!