Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Three months ago today...

we first saw the face of the little girl that we hope will be our new daughter. Jeff and I had both realized that God was burdening our hearts for adoption once again. We decided it was God's will for us, but we weren't sure when. Since the process has changed so much since we last adopted, I started emailing agencies and asking questions to try and figure out the timing and the new process and how any of it might affect our timing of when to start. Along the way, I saw some children on Rainbow Kids and some agency lists but they were all dead ends. On December 2, I was sitting at my computer when I received and email from an agency that they had received a new list. Jeff happened to be playing pool with Brandon and standing right next to me. I immediately went to the site and saw an adorable little girl. I called Jeff over and asked if he was interested in inquiring about her. He said yes (to my amazement, actually) and I typed a short and sweet email as fast as I could. Then I scrolled down and saw another precious little girl. Jeff was interested in her too (maybe he should play pool more often!). I shot off another quick email. Both girls were already under review, but we were second in line for both files. The first families had a week to decide-though it seemed like a year if you ask me (and probably even longer to Jeff, who had to live with my emotional frailty that week and Brandee, my adoption friend, who had to listen to all my hopes and fears). When the week was up, we didn't get either girl. Jeff took pity on me, and taking into account the the adoption tax credit was set to expire in December 2010 decided that we could start the process at the end of December. We planned to request to be agency matched. On December 17, I picked up the homestudy packet from our social worker and started filling out the paperwork. Then on Monday, December 21, I got an email that one of the little girls had become available and it asked if we still wanted to review the file. It took about a millisecond to email them back with a YES! A week later we told the agency we wanted her and then we had our first homestudy appointment the next day. Our agency didn't want us to send our LOI (letter of intent, telling China we want this child) until they had our homestudy rough draft. They received our rough draft on 2/15 which was during Chinese New Year so they didn't send our LOI until 2/19. Recently, China has decided that they won't be sending agencies designated lists of children any more and they are taking back files of children that agencies already have. Some files that they have taken back were files that families were reviewing, some had families ready to proceed and some even had families that had sent LOI (like us). As far as we know, our daughter's file has not yet been pulled, but until we receive PA (pre-approval from China) we aren't sure if she'll be ours. We ask that you please pray for God's will in this situation. We are emotionally invested in this child and are looking forward to making her a part of our family.

3 comments:

Karen said...

oh wow, what a roller coaster. will pray!

Karen said...

I am definitely praying and walking this same walk with you. Praying those PA's arrive THIS week!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.