Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Joey

Please check out the post about Joey on the LWB blog. Just make sure you have a whole handful of tissues first.

When God first started planting the seed of adoption in my heart many years ago, I was intriqued by the idea of giving a child a home and of having another son or daughter to raise but I was very intimidated by the process. I just didn't think that I (one who struggled to get assignments done all throughout my school career) could do the paperwork. And the homestudy (!!!) I can't even tell you how bad I thought that would be. Finally God made it crystal clear that this was His will for us and from the moment on, I was sold. Jeff also knew that God had made it pretty clear that adoption was part of His plan for us, but he spent a couple more years telling God that He had the wrong guy. Jeff didn't think he could do it. That's why I love this song 'I Am' by Ginny Owens (lyrics below). Sometimes we think what God is asking us to do is way too big for us, but if He asks us to do it, He will make sure that we can...if we depend on Him. I am guessing that many people have looked at Joey's picture and thought, if only for a second, 'I could see him in my family' and then let that 'I can't do this!' fear come in. I spent time this morning on my knees in tearful prayer for God's will for this sweet boy. I ask that you please do the same. And listen to what God has to say. I think Joey's family is out there and they just haven't been hit over the head with it yet. They better hurry because he's running out of time.

Is there anything that we CAN'T do when we have God on our side?

I AM

No Lord, he said, you've got the wrong guy
Simple conversation gets me tongue-tied
And you're telling me to speak with a maniac king
Or could it be I've lost my mind

Besides, I am weak, don't you want someone strong
To lead them out of Egypt when they've been there so long
And anyway, they won’t believe You ever spoke to me
It's not your problem, God replied
And the rest is history

’Cause there's a bigger picture you can't see
You don't have to change the world, just trust in Me
'Cause I am your creator, I am working out my plan
And through you I will show them, I Am

Now Lord, are you sure? He's just a shepherd boy
Too small for battle gear with a giant to destroy
What on earth can he do with five stones and a sling
It's not your problem, God replied
'Cause I can do anything

There's a bigger picture you can't see
You don't have to change the world, just trust in me
'Cause I am your creator, I am working out my plan
And through you, I will show them

I am the first, I am the last
I am the present and the past
I am tomorrow and today
I am the only way

Great Lord, she said, I'm just a simple girl
You say that I will bring your son into the world
How can I understand this thing You're gonna do
It's not your problem, God replied

'Cause, there's a bigger picture
And you don't have to change the world (oh no)
I'm your creator, I am working out my plan
And through you, I will show them
There's a bigger picture, you can't see
You don't have to change the world, just trust in me
’Cause I am your creator, I am working out my plan
And through you, I will show them, I Am
I Am

6 comments:

Susan said...

I saw him. He's beautiful.

Susan said...

I saw him. He's beautiful.

Susan said...

Sorry for the double post, but perhaps it doesn't hurt to keep saying it.

mommy24treasures said...

oh he is precious. I pray as well his famiy finds him. What a sweet child of God. I would hope people would remember how young that still is. You would still experience so many firsts.

LaLa said...

He is beautiful..praying his family finds him soon.

LOVE the new blog look!!

The Byrd Family said...

Gee, everyone is getting so talented with their blogs! I love the new look!

This poor little baby is just so precious, I am praying God shows the right family that they CAN bring him home into their family. After all, isn't that how we all came to be in God's family...by adoption?

By the way...I love Ginny Owens!