Friday, September 28, 2007

Joey's on HOLD!

Praise God! His new mama emailed me yesterday and they are very excited to be bringing him home. I am just so thrilled for him and for them. Please remember the other three who still wait in your prayers. Franny turned 9 yesterday and her cleft lip and palate have both been repaired. She is stunning. According to something I read on one of my boards, this could be her last chance at finding her family. Her file will probably not be sent back out once it is returned. The other 2 on SWA's list are younger and are both adorable. Please check them out! www.swa.net

I remember a time after we had returned from China with AnnaClaire that I found myself too emotionally involved with children who weren't finding their families. I had to unsubscribe to all the lists and stop visiting the websites because it was affecting me emotionally and physically. I think I am at that point again. I don't know why I can't guard my heart better. I just can't bear to know that these kids will never know the love of a family. I especially hurt for those with visable special needs because they really have no hope in China. I wish things were different. I wish that every child on earth could know the love of a family.

3 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

oh Lisa WONDERFUL! I think you have no idea the many children you have prayed for that now have homes because of you being willing to intercede for them.

The Byrd Family said...

Wow! I must have totally missed this post. Praise the Lord!

The Byrd Family said...

I know how you feel....even though Emma has been so hard for me I still search waiting children lists. I guess I am just stunned at how many children need homes and even though it is such a hard adjustment sometimes, I would love to have more! (Don't tell my husband I said that...lol!)